Another Section on the Forum?

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Frederick Blais

Another Section on the Forum?

Post by Frederick Blais »

Roy, in another thread, you are saying that you not create a new forum unless for a good idea. Well, I got one!!

Receipe. Either portuguese receipe or good receipe that are making good match with Port/Portuguese wines.

In this forum, Portuguese people could also help us providing nice Portuguese receipe to continuisly build our interest toward their culture.

I tought about that tonight as I was receiving guess and cooking my portuguese crème brulée. The flavour are from citrus zest and cinammon instead of vanilla that we often taste in France. The recipe is from Evora in the south.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Fred,

Not a bad idea at all. I'd like to hear from others too about this topic becoming a thread called: Portuguese Cuisine or Portuguese Cooking or something similar.

Unless I have a reason to believe that this new area would be very popular and used more often than just a couple of times per month, I'd say post these types of topics in OTHER DISCUSSIONS as that is what it is for. But IF enought people (say 20) post here that they would like to see this new Forum created, and would use it often ... I would make it happen.

Let's hear the opinions. I do not want to just add Forums arbitrarily, as mentioned. IF there is merit though, I am very open to change and implementing your suggestion ... which I do appreciate!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mario Ferreira

Post by Mario Ferreira »

In my opinion, Fred's idea is interesting & original.
Roy - If my vote counts, I say YES. :)
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Roy, I agree with you that right now it may not be a very popular forum but maybe in a year when there will be more portuguese people willing to share their country culture with us.

I'd be curious to know how many people on the board are interested in Portuguese cuisine.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I am always interested in trying new foods :) But, at this point, I don't think adding a seperate section is needed. I think one will eventually be needed as the site grows and there are more regular contributors. But I hpoe that does not stop anyone from posting a food related item in the OTHER DISCUSSION section as Roy mentioned, as I would love to try some new stuff.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com

New Sections

Post by Guest »

One thing we can do is to monitor the discussions / volumes in the "other" section, and if particular threads or subjects begin to warrant their own section, we can create the new section and move all of the approprate discussions into the new section. (How many more times can I say "section"...??? Long day at work :) )

But please keep the ideas coming!
Gustavo Devesas

Post by Gustavo Devesas »

Another idea for the fórum.
Perhaps by creating a new section of Recipies with Port wine?
I have at least 3 books here only about that :P:P:P:P
I´m not speaking of the traditional basic Tawny in melon like the French do,but of real recipies with Port inside.
We can as well suggest the best types and brands for each recipie!
What do you think???
:lol:
Together we fall, united we stand.
Clint Hall

Post by Clint Hall »

This does seem like a very worthwhile topic that ought to be addressed somewhere and I wonder if it might not be most appropriate as, say, a once-in-a-while newsletter article. Robin Garr's site had a food section that languished for years with so little participation that various posters suggested Robin kill it as a hopeless case, but then it suddenly successfully took off, mostly in response to the interest of a woman who is still almost making a full time job of it. So a food forum on a wine site can be done, but I wonder if a forum as restrictive as foods that go with port would have much success. The idea of addressing the topic elsewhere, though, seems to me like a great idea as I have a heck of a time matching Ports with food.

Clint
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I certainly will keep this in mind Clint. Welcome to the Forum!

Remember the dinner with Fonseca and Taylor back in November? We paired every course with Port that night and as you witnessed, there are plenty of foods that go well with Port at all stages of the meal. Looks like this might wind up being a great article though.

Thank you!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com