TN: 2007 Conde de Vimioso of Falua

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Ray Barnes

TN: 2007 Conde de Vimioso of Falua

Post by Ray Barnes »

I have to apologize for my absence here due to what is beginning to feel like incessant time demands between work and dealing with family health problems. I do wish to submit a short note, which is all I can do for now, about a very nice red wine from the Ribatejo region. It is a blend of Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Cabernet Sauvignon, at 13.5% alcohol. It is medium to full bodied in color and taste, with a typical blackcurrant nose of left bank Medocs - although I suspect the actual Cabernet content is less than its bouquet might suggest. It is of good length, smooth, well-integrated tannins, and very mouth-filling indeed. For about $22.30 a bottle, I would say it is a very good buy. Although it was enjoyed on its own, it practically cries out for hearty food. This was shared last Sunday afternoon with my auto mechanic in the course of tax work, and he very much liked it as well. This was gratifying, since his family is Portugese. Needless to say, he also very much liked the H & H Boal, almost depleted now.

Ray
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: TN: 2007 Conde de Vimioso of Falua

Post by Andy Velebil »

Ray,
I do hope he drank it after he worked on you car and after you got his taxes done :wink: :lol: I do hope everything works out on the home and work front and thanks for letting us know how things are doing. Thanks for the TN!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: TN: 2007 Conde de Vimioso of Falua

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Ray,

Although we keep in touch, it is good to see you with a few moments of spare time here. I can assure you that your :ftlop: friends have noticed your absence and we all wish you and the family well.

Thanks for stopping by and any time it is convenient, we like having you catch us up with what is going on. Man, you've been touting that H&H Bual and I don't think I've even tried that one yet!

:winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com