A Steal ... VP MAG ... until sold out

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

A Steal ... VP MAG ... until sold out

Post by Roy Hersh »

2003 Graham's VP = gorgeousity!

Ask for Patrick at Atlanta Wine Inc. and tell 'em your are from FTLOP and he'll release them to you at ... sitting down?

$74.99 per Mag. Hurry, there are only 14 left at this very moment.

You can either call: 404-846-5770

Or email: 404-846-5770
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: A Steal ... VP MAG ... until sold out

Post by Glenn E. »

Wow, that's just crazy! I ordered 3 bottles from him the last time he made us a fantastic offer... and just to put the economy into perspective, last time the steal of a deal was $120/bottle!

So I ordered 2 more. :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Todd O.
Location: Monroe, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Todd O. »

Got my 4 bottles. Woohoo! :lol: Patrick has always been a pleasure to deal with.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

By the way - his email address is [email protected].
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

My gosh what a steal and a half. I had to get a couple myself at that price.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

:ftlop: rocks, as these have now all been SOLD OUT!

Anyone interested in 2003 Mags of Quinta do Noval at great prices?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

I Got mine! Mags of Noval at a great price....count me in!

Marc
Todd O.
Location: Monroe, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Todd O. »

I'm always interested in a great deal on such a great port. It would have to be a REALLY great deal though, since I just won six 750s of 2003 Noval at auction for $39 each! :D
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Yes, absolutely! I love the 2003 Noval and would be thrilled to get my hands on a couple of mags to provide contrast with my 750s at some future date. :mrgreen:
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

OK, I'll see what I can arrange.

I must admit, part of methinks that saving these special offers for inclusion in the newsletter is the way to go, to reward those who are subscribers.

Then I get really excited and want to share some of these with all FTLOP'ers ... at least those who can arrange for shipping. I've seen some creative moves by Canadian residents and even from the UK regarding the last offering in the March newsletter, so although I have no way to help in those marketplaces, they've found creative ways to have the Ports wind up in their hands through other :ftlop: friends here.
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Roy,

As a Subscriber I would offer the following suggestion.

Why not make the initial offer to Subscribers in the Newsletter with a period of exclusivity (5 business days?) and then post the offer here on :ftlop: for all to see? That way your vigilent subscribers get the added value of being first in the queue for any offers you negotiate but the wider :ftlop: membership also get the chance to benefit.

Derek
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Why not do some of both?

Save the really spectacular deals for subscribers, but offer the smaller specials to everyone. Deals like this thread's original magnum offer from Atlantic Wines are perfect for everyone, while the spectacular offering you put together in this month's newsletter is perfect for subscribers.

That way everyone who frequents FTLOP gets a few deals here and there, but to get access to the truely astounding deals you have to be a member.
Glenn Elliott
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

As a :ftlop: subscriber , I echo Dereks sentiment .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Got mine today in the mail...perfect shape. Thanks again to Patrick for offering us a great deal. :thumbsup:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I think Derek, Luc and Glenn are pretty much of the same mind in regards to offerings. I post MANY fine deals here in the Marketplace for the :ftlop: Forum users and lurkers alike. This magnum offering is just one of many examples.

However, the ones that require lots of time and effort to negotiate will remain exclusively for those that support the site by subscribing to the newsletter. 98% of this site is free ... the only exceptions are my TNs and ability to upload photos to PORTraits (the other 2%).

I hope that those who are not subscribers are able to find the other deals listed here to their liking and the content worth coming back for. However, if they want to realize greater savings and have access to extraordinary importer-direct offerings to select from, then they will have to consider subscribing. If one bottle of the 15 offered this month was purchased (and literally cases of that 40 year old Tawny have already been sold), the savings from just that one bottle would pay for their entire year's subscription. :clap:

What more can I say?
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Folks, Roy's not kidding. It's difficult to express without giving away more information that we're allowed, but my savings on just this one subscriber-only deal paid for well over 6 years' worth of subscriptions. And that's comparing to wine-searcher's US low prices, not to retail - the savings over retail are even better! It's similar to this deal from Atlantic Wine, but better and across a much wider spectrum of Ports. You think $75 for a magnum of 2003 Graham's is good? It is! The subscriber offer was similar to that many times over.

I saved enough to pay for a one year subscription on just one bottle that I purchased.

This probably sounds like brown nosing, but it's not. The deal Roy put together really is just astounding, and the others who took advantage of it can back me up.

My mags from Patrick just arrived, too... I may have to open one and see what it's like because this will give me a total of 5! :evil:
Glenn Elliott