Announcement RE: STEWART TODD

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Announcement RE: STEWART TODD

Post by Roy Hersh »

As if having two consecutive posts in one thread by two different members of the Port trade for the first time in 4 years is not reason enough to lift a glass in celebration today ...

On Sunday of this weekend, the person responsible for building the website, getting newsletters to you and keeping this Forum functional ... Stewart Lance Todd ... will be married to Jody McQuillan Kealy.

I hope others will join me in congratulating Stewart on his marriage and in thanks for all that he does behind the scenes to make :ftlop: a great place to visit!

To Stewart -- :winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Frederick Blais

Re: Announcement RE: STEWART TODD

Post by Frederick Blais »

Thanks Stewart for the great work, congratulations on the wedding!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Congratulations Stewart!
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

CONGRATULATIONS Stewart and Jody :clap: May you two share many glasses of Port in the years to come.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Yes indeed, thanks and congratulations. Here's a virtual toast to you! :winepour:
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Stewart & Jody,

All the very best of wishes for your wedding day and your future together - may it be blessed with lots of classic decalred vintages :wink:

Derek & Jo
Carlos Rodriguez

Post by Carlos Rodriguez »

Congratulations Stewart and Jody. And Steward, thank you for your job in this Forum.
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Félicitation , mes meilleurs voeux :clap:
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
oscarquevedo

Post by oscarquevedo »

Congratulations for wedding Jody and Stewart!! I hope to meet this new family soon in the Douro! :hello:
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Stewart and Jody,

My sincerest congratulations and my best wishes to you both for a long and happy future together. And we look forward to seeing you both in the UK again soon!

Alex
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Congratulations.
I'm toasting you right now!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

What an amazing wedding. Held at a great venue "on the waterfront" literally on the water, with boats and houseboats all around us (remember: Sleepless in Seattle ... that's almost exactly where this took place). The food and wine were superb, and my wife and I were duly impressed!

Jody, Stewart's bride was a knock out and their ceremony was touching and the bag pipes playing at the end, was just remarkable and something I had never seen at a wedding before. Very cool. Stewart was calm and suave and a wonderful host, and I could see how much he genuinely enjoyed the whole evening.

The toast to the bride and groom was a choice by guests ... Champagne or Port. :clap: :clap: :clap: :winepour:

Stewart also had a decanter of 1994 Quinta do Vesuvio for a few close friends and I must say, the bottle was showing as well as the newlyweds.

Quite the feat. :thumbsup:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jonathan S

Post by Jonathan S »

Congratulations, Stewart! I'll have to toast you tonight with some Kopke 40. :winepour:
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Thanks everyone for their well-wishes!

Jody and I just got back into Seattle last night after a glorious, sunny, warm, unplugged, non-blackberry week in Mexico.

The all-inclusive resort we were staying at in Riveira Maya (near cancun) had only a limited Port selection - Royal Oporto 10yo, 20yo, tawny and ruby, but it was somewhat irrelevant as I didn't touch a drop all week - temperatures encouraged much more margaritas and Coronas than Port. Got a few bottles just screaming to be opened now that I'm back in Seattle, though!

Jody and I thank you for all of your kind posts, emails and PMs!

st
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Must've been nice. My parents live in Isla Mujeres in Q.Roo kind of near Riviera Maya for a good part of the year. I can only imagine how hot it was... Did you go to Chichen Itza?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

No, we didn't make it to Chichen Itza. This was definitely a sit-by-the-pool and enjoy some quiet time sort of trip (aside from one snorkeling expedition). Truth be told, there was so much to do at the resort - water volleyball, water aerobics for Jody, entertainment every evening, cocktail and guacamole-making classes, seven stellar restaurants, something fun going on just about all the time - that we didn't really feel the need to leave the resort much on this trip. Perfect scenario for a honeymoon! :)

Next time we go we plan to visit more of the ruins and sites in the area.
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]