Cruz Rose Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Lars F

Cruz Rose Port

Post by Lars F »

Picked up a couple of bottles while on vacation in France. They were priced at €7 which I thought made it worth a try.
Served it blind this weekend for friends who didn't know what they were served.

Color: Well....pink, very pink even, and actually looking quite nice in the glass. It was served straight from the fridge as an appitizer before dinner.

Nose: Not much smell to it, compared to what a Port usually offers. A bit of fruit and sweetness, but not that much.

Taste: Quite sweet but not too much with a light touch of fruit, maybe strawberry (not sure). Had a sort of mineral taste which I couldn't quite determine if I liked or not. Finished off with a nice touch of heat from the alcohol.

Overall I was quite positively surprised by this bottle, as well were the guests. Doesn't really compare that well to traditional ports, but I'd buy this again for easy summer drinking.

-Lars
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Cruz Pink

Post by Roy Hersh »

Lars,

This tasting note is very good and descriptive and could possibly fit the majority of pink/rose Port wines I've tried so far.

Thanks for sharing!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com