sometimes I hate living in PAC-10 country

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

sometimes I hate living in PAC-10 country

Post by Glenn E. »

Nebraska's game was on at 3:30 eastern today and falls under ABC's umbrella. That was potentially good, as ABC owns ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN-U, ESPNews, ESPN-CSI:Miami, and various other ESPN-alphabetsoup channels. One of them has to be showing the game, right?

But no.

ABC showed #3 USC vs unranked Washington. Which I don't like, but can understand since USC is (over)rated in the top 10.

ESPN2 decides to show unranked Arizona vs unranked Iowa. Two teams that might be fighting for a chance to play in the Turtle Wax Car Cleaning Products Bowl on about, oh, December 12th if they're lucky. [dash1.gif]

#13 Virginia Tech vs #19 Nebraska goes unbroadcasted, and is apparently a pretty thrilling game. :evil: Of course it's hard to tell when you're "watching" it on ESPN's College Gameday Game Cast app which only reports statistics. According to my brother, who got to watch the game because he doesn't live in PAC-10 land, the statistics for this game offer a very distorted view of the result. Virginia Tech won, but basically scored all of their points off of 3 big plays. Nebraska pretty much stuffed 'em for the rest of the game. VT apparently had a pretty awesome red zone defense, too, because Nebraska didn't score a TD at all and kicked 5 FGs.

At least Washington showed how overrated USC was.
Glenn Elliott
Eric Ifune

Re: sometimes I hate living in PAC-10 country

Post by Eric Ifune »

At least it's a BCS conference. Go WAC! [dance2.gif]
Alex R
Location: LA LA Land, California, United States of America - USA

Re: sometimes I hate living in PAC-10 country

Post by Alex R »

I feel your pain glenn, they never show miami hurricanes games(the U) only on the east coast. just to show weak :beat: pac-10 games :soapbox: