2000 Taylor Fladgate LBV Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

David G.

2000 Taylor Fladgate LBV Port

Post by David G. »

I chilled this in my wine cellar overnight to 50 degrees (F!) and am tasting / drinking it now in a Spiegelau Port glass as a post prandial after cleaning my palate with water. I did not decant it. As I started pouring it, the color started as purplish, then became darker with maroon around the edges. The aroma definitely includes pepper, smoke and tobacco in that order with balanced spice. In the mouth, it has just has a bit of sweetness and a very smooth feel on the tongue. It has just a very tiny hint of heat in the back of the mouth as I swallow it, and a definite lasting "finish" or continuing taste of pepper rising into my nose and bit of sweetness lasting on the tongue. No fruit flavors though. This is a much better taste out of the bottle than the Fonseca bin 27 that I had last week and a better value at only $2 more per bottle. I shall see, taste and smell how it develops.

I'm starting to feel the alcohol now, but that is after the wine with dinner (a Meursault).

This tasting note is one of several related tasting notes. Click [here] to see the original note in context.