A nice pair of Douro wines

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

A nice pair of Douro wines

Post by Roy Hersh »

This week so far, I've had:

2006 Poeira DOC red wine by Jorge Moreira which was very nice and for about $18-20 a heck of a good value. Also enjoyed a 2007 Ramos Pinto Duas Quintas ... another value wine that offered fine quality for the price. I am excited to see the quality continue to improve on these wines and the prices remain fairly stable.

I am sure I'll have another Douro wine before the weekend is out as some good friends are coming over this weekend and at least one Douro wine will be in the mix for sure. Then again, I have a few from Vallado that I need to open, so maybe I'll do one of those this weekend, but I'd rather having something with a bit more age on it.

Maybe a 2001 Touriga Nacional by Crasto? [shrug.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Ronald Wortel

Re: A nice pair of Douro wines

Post by Ronald Wortel »

Roy Hersh wrote:This week so far, I've had:

2006 Poeira DOC red wine by Jorge Moreira which was very nice and for about $18-20 a heck of a good value.
That seems very cheap for a Poeira. Are you sure it wasn't the "Po de Poeira"? Or was it heavily discounted?
But enough about me, what do YOU think of me? -- Johnny Bravo
Pedro Guimaraes

Post by Pedro Guimaraes »

Ronald Wortel wrote:
Roy Hersh wrote:This week so far, I've had:

2006 Poeira DOC red wine by Jorge Moreira which was very nice and for about $18-20 a heck of a good value.
That seems very cheap for a Poeira. Are you sure it wasn't the "Po de Poeira"? Or was it heavily discounted?

My thoughts exactly....Poeira at 20$ is amazingly cheap even if we are talking about the 2006!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

The bottle was not the "PO" but the pricing I listed was. This was a sample direct from the importer and I wrote the price of the PO but tasted the regular bottling of Poeira. TN is in the newsletter to hit your mailbox later this week. Thanks for the reality check! [d_training.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com