CARM rosé 2009 VS CASAL DOS JORDOES rosé 2008

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

goncalo devesas

CARM rosé 2009 VS CASAL DOS JORDOES rosé 2008

Post by goncalo devesas »

CARM - Casa Agrícola Roboredo Madeira, Lda, is a family business since the 17th century, located in Almendra (Douro Superior) between Vila Nova de Foz Coa and the spanish border.
They are producing now white, red and rose and they have seven different types of olive oil.

This rose 2009 produced with touriga franca, tinta roriz and touriga nacional, as very shining pink colour, with a fantastic fresh, jasmin and wild berries aroma and on the palate presents us with the same intense berries taste slightly mineral and refreshing wonderful with salads or as an aperitif wine glass.

Ageing potential: before 2013

Casal dos Jordoes
(Organic Port /wine and olive oil producer)- in the wine activity since 1870, always held by the Jordan Family, located in Casais do Douro (Cima Corgo), 5km from Pinhao.
Produced with tinta barroca and tinta roriz, a dark pink colour, with cherry and strawberry aromas, this is the most fruity and pulpy rose that I tasted with licorice aftertaste, I enjoy this very much, and had already some cases, it seems that is made without grapes, it´s like a fruity cocktail, wonderful with salads or as an aperitif wine glass.
I think that women enjoy it a lot...

Ageing potential: during this year