The Madeira Candle?

This forum is for discussing all things Madeira - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Daniel Fraley

The Madeira Candle?

Post by Daniel Fraley »

Perhaps this is too Martha Stewart for some, but I had a local artisan turn a few of my empties into candles! Thought I'd share the idea [cheers.gif]

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: The Madeira Candle?

Post by Andy Velebil »

Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Awesome! :thumbsup:

How much did it cost per bottle? I have about a dozen old bottles I am looking to do something with. Was thinking a chandelier of sorts or now this! Thanks!!!
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Daniel Fraley

Post by Daniel Fraley »

Hey Moses, I think it was $25/bottle. Apparently she'll re-fill as well once it burns down. You can reach out to UpCycledBottlesLLC@gmail.com maybe she'll do some volume discounting for you. [cheers.gif]
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

I remember my dad had a bottle cutter when I was a kid. He cut all sorts of bottles and made them into things, like glasses. You can probably buy one online or at a craft store. Filling with wax and a wick is a different craft. If I had a few special bottles, it would probably be worth $25 each. If you want to go all in on a bunch, you could do this yourself.
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

It's just candle wax and a wick, isn't it? Can get in any craft shop. Or just stick a ready bought candle in the glass. [foilhat.gif]
John M.

Post by John M. »

There's a woman in my area who takes wine bottles and melts them in a kiln into little platters for cheese, crackers or similar. She loves port bottles, especially the older ones as the glass is excellent and often interesting....so she gets all my bottles.
Any Port in a storm!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Eric Ifune wrote:It's just candle wax and a wick, isn't it? Can get in any craft shop. Or just stick a ready bought candle in the glass. [foilhat.gif]
We're watching you mister :wink: :lol: :lol:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mads Barnkob

Post by Mads Barnkob »

You can try it yourself with a string and some liquid that can burn. Alcohol, nail polish etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxKZ8hhcmvg