2003 Ramos Pinto Reserva and Especial

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Moses Botbol

Re: 2003 Ramos Pinto Reserva and Especial

Post by Moses Botbol »

Fall River and New Bedford are where you going to find the steals. I've been meaning to spend a day going to every liquor store, but haven't got around to it yet. I've seen a lot of odd ball wines in few I have gone to.

If you guys want to do a Quinta do Crasto (for instance) buy, I can put something together. Probably be like $10-20 above wholesale per case. Must be complete cases and paid upfront.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Jim Butler
Location: upton, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Post by Jim Butler »

Moses,
I'd be interested in a case...probably the Reserva, unless the Especial was just TOO good to pass up :)
I may pick up a bottle today, if I can find it locally, just to sample...

Jim
Jim Butler

Post by Jim Butler »

New Hampshire has the Ramos-Pinto Adriano Douro R for $13.99/bottle, and the Ramos-Pinto 30yr tawny for $99.

No listing for the Especial...

Jim
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Jbutler wrote:Moses,
I'd be interested in a case...probably the Reserva, unless the Especial was just TOO good to pass up :)
I may pick up a bottle today, if I can find it locally, just to sample...

Jim
Let me know how the Reserva is, The staples were so tight on the case, I tried to open it and then lost interest. I just put the case in the pile for another year... I am curious as to when this will be mature to consider start drinking.

I should be able to get more for around $160ish a case of six. I do not think they will get the case with no profit, but $165 a case is still $27.50 a bottle. We can always try for a little lower price. Maybe there's a different distributor around here that has it cheaper? Wholesale is $150 so I figure $10 a case profit is fair to them...

We are working on cases of Broadbent 20 Madeira as my accountant really likes it, so it not really a "favor" at this point as he wants to get some too.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Jim Butler

Post by Jim Butler »

Madeira is something I have absolutely no knowledge of...

Help me ;) (meaning, "I'm in")

Jim