Is this a sound idea?

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Is this a sound idea?

Post by Roy Hersh »

Do you think it would make any sense for us to offer Port and Madeira for sale here? My concern is the interstate shipping although there are companies to handle those logisitics ... but it would be pretty unfair for our international guests. What say you?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
ryan opaz

Post by ryan opaz »

Very unfair to us "foreigners"!
Otherwise I would talk to a lawyer about the shipping issue. It shouldn't be a problem till it becomes commercial and then you would need to set up a new site for that! :D
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

If it was possible for you to get your wine shipped to Canada, I'd buy everything from this site knowing that from you, bottles would be in pristine conditions and that you have access to great and rare port. Unfortunately if I buy the bottle 60$us from you, I'll pay another 60$ in custom taxes :(
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Absolutely! Sell sell sell!!!
Ross Lynch

Post by Ross Lynch »

Do it! :mrgreen:
Matt

Please, Please do it!

Post by Matt »

I know here in the midwest, it is sometimes difficult to get some of the houses that produces smaller quantities. It would be great to have a place to go and get some of these.

Short version: DO it! 8)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I think at least for now, we'll stick to what we do best. Provide content for the website and Forum.

BUT ... I will provide direct contacts to retailers that I am comfortable recommending when they provide me with great Port deals for the participants here.

P.S. In doing this, it is merely a service and bonus for the people who frequent this board. I am not looking to make a few bucks per bottle on anyone, whether retailer or Forumite. I'd rather be known for passing on great deals, as it will keep people coming back for more. :D
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com